Updated: Tuesday, May 12, 2020
As our localities and state governments begin the process of re-opening certain businesses and organizations as they move into Phase 1, we want to provide an update to our church community of how Union will be handling the coming weeks.
First of all, we are continuing to pray and support those affected by this virus. We realize there will be long lasting effects of this, and we believe that everyone’s concerns are valid and should be taken seriously.
Our leadership team is evaluating the situation daily and planning our response weekly.
Here is the latest update on physical church services and gatherings:
Here are the ways you can stay connected during this current phase:
CONTINUE WITH YOUR FAITHFUL GIVING AND PRAYER REQUESTS
• You can give online at unionchurch.co/GIVE or text-to-give by texting your amount and your location (example: Danville 100, example: Caswell 100) to 434-233-4115.
• If you would like postage paid envelopes for mailing your offerings, just let us know.
• Share your prayers with us at unionchurch.co/prayer . We want to pray for your needs.
GET CONNECTED WITH A VIRTUAL SMALL GROUP
• Community is very important. We can help you stay connected by getting you into a group. Contact our Groups Director, Emily Ince and we will help you find one or start one! Groups will be the first people to meet physically in the near future.
DON’T FORGET ABOUT YOUR KIDS AND/OR STUDENTS
• At 9am each Sunday, our Union Kids team shares links to the lessons that your kiddos are used to watching in our environments via Facebook and email. You can also find the lessons on our website
• We also provide downloadable copies of their usual interactive worksheets as well as coloring pages from their lessons so keep an eye out for those emails before Sunday!
• There are also packets of the lessons for you to pick up at each campus if you want a hard copy.
• Our student ministry teams are connecting with students on social media by posting weekly lesson videos and helping them stay connected with their small groups. Here are their social media page links:
Danville Campus Student Ministries Facebook
Danville Campus Student Ministries Instagram
Caswell Campus Student Ministries Facebook
Caswell Campus Student Ministries Instagram
BE THE CHURCH
Our mission in the community was never about a gathering. The community needs to see that the power of the church has nothing to do with our weekly gathering or our building! So, look for ways to be the church in your community and neighborhoods, and if you need help with that, contact our Missions Director, Laura Holley for assistance or ideas.
As Christ-followers, we choose love over fear. Perfect love drives out fear, so keep on driving out that fear!
In His service,